Tips for you to be a better guest:
Videos work best if you work from a desktop hooked up directly (wired) to the internet and you have a headset for the audio however if you don’t have these things don’t worry, we’ll test your connection BEFORE scheduling an interview.
- Download Skype if you don’t have it.
- Learn to use Skype and test it before the interview time.
- Add MichelleVandepas (one word) as a contact to Skype
- Test your webcam
- Look at the screen in your webcam are you:
- Looking down? Try lowering your chair, Raising the computer, moving the webcam.
- How is the background? Lightening? If you need to bring in a portable light, put a plant behind you.
- You and I will have a conversation. There is no need to talk non stop .
- If you are stuck with a question, just say so, or ask for clarification on the question.
- Relax and breathe!
- Please speak your point clearly and succinctly. Often less is more.
- Don’t be afraid of a moments silence. I’ll will pick up your cue and ask the next question.
- Come prepared with stories, tips or tools the listener can relate to. The idea is to give the audience something they can put to practice in their lives immediately.
- The more you share of yourself and your work, the better the audience can relate to you.
- Don’t ask them to buy your book or sign up for your newsletter before your share your top secrets! Share share share!
- Give the audience a reason why they would want to explore your information more fully.
What you need:
- A webcam hooked up and ready on a computer – high speed internet. If you are unsure of your speed, call me using the link below and we’ll test it!
- A headset or earpiece for listening to the questions (the computer speakers will provide feedback)
- No software is necessary – but if you have Skype it’s better. If not, no problem we’ll use another service.
- At your confirmed time, I’ll video call you. Please make sure your Skype is on and webcam enabled.
- Don’t worry, I always allow extra time for any technical difficulties.
- Please use a landline when possible and a headset will allow you to jot down notes or talk on the chat system
- If you have a blogtalk account, sign in to the chat system 10 minutes before our interview
- If you’d like callers, set them up ahead of time or allow em to set them up. We do not normally have live callers
- Consider joining Blogtalk internet radio
- Need media coaching before our interview? Consider Corinne Edwards – Media Coach
The Talking Network, LLC
- Please send books, talking points, products to review etc at least 3 weeks in advance to
- Consider media coaching with Corinne Edwards before our interview
PO Box 38671
Colorado Springs, CO 80937
When you are a confirmed as a guest,, please add me to a chat system so we can chat before the show :
Skype:, Google Chat or Facebook Chat
find me, I am MichelleVandepas on all the above systems.
After the show:
Please Tweet RT @talkingbookstv on twitter with your link, and use the Tweetmeme button on your interview page.
Also link your show on your Facebook profile, website and other networking tools.
and send a LINK BACK from your website to our show – with the anchor text “Book Promotion” or Author Interivew” and your name or show name.
Ask for assistance if you need it. Promoting your show benefits both of us!
Additional promotional opportunities:
1. From time to time TalkingBooksTV.com takes the most popular programs and repackages them for distribution. By coming on the show you agree that TalkingBooksTV is allowed to repackage this interview and redistribute as we choose or excerpt it for distribution of our choosing and redistribute at our discretion.
2. If you’d like to write an article, I’d love your show notes, ideas, thoughts and musing about the show. This article should be between 200 – 600 words and sent to me after the show airs. You may use any keywords or applicable content, but we have the right to accept, reject and/or edit all submissions. We’ll use the article to link back to your show and this will help promote downloads of the show.
3. Do you have an affiliate promotions or is your book for sale on Amazon? Be sure to let us know. Don’t assume we’ll find it!
the Bottom line:
- Test your webcam and have a headset hooked up to hear. Do not use your speakers to listen as it will create feedback.
- Allow 30- minutes for the interview – the actual interview will be about 8-9 minutes or so.
- Find me on a chat system (michellevandepas) so that we can chat if there are technical difficulties.
- Come with a few talking points, but be relaxed and in the moment – not overprepared!
- TalkingBooksTV owns the interview, and may repackage it at a later time, – you may also use the interview using embedded code or a link – and in your promotional materials. We keep the copyright so we may continue to promote it on an ongoing basis. If you change directions and no longer wish your show promoted, don’t forget to let us know.
- Have fun!
Interviews are usually held on Monday afternoons and Tuesday mornings – other times may be available on a case by case basis. The interviews are posted within 1 week after the interview.
don’t have an interview scheduled yet? find out more about our author interviews